Want to break into sales? This is an entry-level role supporting the sales team. Maximize the sale of supplier brands to high image wine accounts through effective account management, selling execution, and communication resulting in the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
Sales Associates are expected to plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts by:
- Effectively executing distribution and volume through various qualitative drivers -- distribution, drink/wine lists, wells/WBTC, promotions, banquets, special events, and other opportunities.
- Conducting staff training and education in all assigned accounts.
- Identifying opportunities, developing and implementing 'Account Action Plans'.
- Developing monthly, weekly and daily written plans for execution.
- Creating customer business building concepts to increase company share and volume.
- Working collaboratively with supplier personnel to develop product knowledge, assist with presentations and activate account action plans.
Sales Associates are expected to obtain company and supplier quotas and revenue growth by:
- Selling concepts and consulting with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
- Building relationships and an effective partnership with the ultimate decision maker in assigned accounts.
- Utilizing pricing and promotion strategies, marketing opportunities, servicing, merchandising and category management skills.
- Work product from store back stock or delivery loads
- Fill cold boxes and shelves with appropriate merchandise.
- Build displays in stores and maintain POS (point of sale) as necessary.
- Rotate product on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain back stock areas so that they are clean and organized.
Sales Associates are expected to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and the company's management by:
- Communicating issues, opportunities and market intelligence through effective written, electronic and verbal means.
Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization's products or services.
Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of specific customer's business operations and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization's products and services to each. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of specific products and associated development process and strategy.
Qualified Candidates should possess:
- 1 years of sales experience
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Develop solid communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills
- Prior experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office environment
- Proven abilities to develop selling strategies targeted to enhance wine and spirit sales within an account
- Proven track record of successful selling
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level
- Key attributes (IE; entrepreneurial self starter, ambitious personality, accountable and action oriented, etc.)
- Must possess valid driver's license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record
Associated topics: branch manager, director of sales, leader, manager, sales director, sales executive, sales management, sales manager, supervisor, team leader