We are looking for an experienced, certified Central Service Tech / Sterile Processing Tech to lead the function of Sterile Processing.
Performs and serves as a resource for decontamination, inspection, assembly, and sterilization of all basic and specialized complex instrumentation, and troubleshoots equipment or product failure
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Work alongside SPD Technicians in collecting, cleaning, decontaminating, disinfecting and/or sterilizing surgical instruments, trays and packs, according to established standards and procedures to ensure sterile and functioning supply of materials and equipment. Lead Daily Readiness Huddles to anticipate OR and provider needs for the day as well as any issues that might affect daily and future efficiency patient flow and/or patient safety Attend Daily Readiness Huddles and other meetings outside of SPD in coordination with other surgical departments and Clinical Supervisor Improves management system routines, develops, and monitors metrics to measure and demonstrate success Establishes and maintains good working relationships with physicians, ASC staff and personnel in other departments. Works in collaboration with all ASC team members. Instrument maintenance - responsible for keeping instruments in prime operating condition including coordination of needed repairs Equipment maintenance - oversee equipment maintenance within SPD including manufacturer recommendations and compliance with scheduled PMs. Maintains current knowledge of regulatory and accreditation standards for SPD including but not limited to CMS, AAAHC, IAHCSMM. Applies best practices accordingly. Works with Clinical Supervisor in Updating and maintaining accurate and complete policies and procedures Developing and maintaining staff competencies
Providing content and feedback for employee performance reviews. Develops Standard Work for all SPD Processes to include case picking Maintain staffing levels at appropriate need, establishes daily and weekly schedule, coordinates for PTO/sick coverage while maintaining adequate staffing Leads and promotes staff engagement Oversees Preference Card Maintenance Achieve annual or other periodic initiatives as developed by ASC leadership.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
* Two (2) years of experience as a Sterile Processing Technician within the last five (5) years, in an acute care hospital or ambulatory surgery center, operating sterilizing equipment and cleaning surgical instruments and equipment
* Must possess certification as a Central Service Technician/Sterile Processing Technicians from one of the following: The International Association of Health Care Services material Management (IAHCSMM) OR the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
* Basic computer skills (eg, Microsoft? Word), EPIC experience a plus
* Proven ability to be a team player.
* Possess a positive winning attitude. Able to welcome challenges.
* Must have reliable and predictable attendance.
We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: blood collection, medical, medical technologist, mlt, molecular, services, sterile processing technician, technician, technician i, technician iv