Basic Function - Assist in the day-to-day management of a location ensuring that valet operations are handled within contractual guidelines of the specific location, adhering to company policies and procedures, fostering good client relations and promoting a professional image and approach to the business.
* Greet guests courteously.
* Ensure customers are receiving timely service.
* Assist customers in and out of their vehicle.
* Drive, park, and retrieve customer vehicles in a safe and professional manner.
* Assist with hiring, training, and coaching an excellent valet team.
* Create a staffing schedule according to the anticipated daily vehicle volume.
* Maintain full compliance to the standard operating procedures, while ensuring the safety and security of vehicles and keys at all times.
* Prepare and process daily paperwork according to audit compliance standards.
* Ensure that drive lanes and crosswalks are clean of debris, water, oil spills, etc.
* Create and implement a successful staging plan, utilizing all aspects of the locations layout to ensure maximum parking capacity.
* Quickly distinguish vehicle make and models; have a general knowledge of vehicle operations.
* Substitute for any position, if necessary.
* Complete other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience - Minimal high school diploma or equivalent and a minimal 6 month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driver's License - Required to have and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license with a current address and an acceptable driving record. Ability to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission (stick shift) may be required depending on the location.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Customer Service - Maintains positive attitude. Responds to requests for service and assistance professionally and courteously.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Physical Demands: these physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and to talk and hear. The employee will walk and run for extended periods of time to park and retrieve customer vehicles; including the use of stairs and elevators.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Associated topics: cashier, driver, garage attendant, hospital, hotel, lot, lot attendant, luxe, speedway, vehicle porter