The Translational Sciences Department at Seattle Genetics encompasses pre-clinical, non-clinical, and clinical disciplines into a single department. The vision of this group is to deliver the right drug to the right patient at the right dose and schedule by integrating data from within the department and in collaboration with the Research and Development departments. The Quantitative Pharmacology and Disposition (QPD) Department, within Translational Sciences, is responsible for developing and executing the program strategy, including interpreting relevant preclinical and clinical data encompassing 4 disciplines: non-clinical and clinical DMPK and ADME, clinical pharmacology, modeling and simulation and in-house bioanalysis (GLP and non-GLP).
We are seeking a Senior Director of QPD with exceptional leadership skills to oversee a diverse team that: designs, implements, and interprets results from preclinical pharmacokinetics, clinical pharmacology, pharmacometrics, metabolism, and transporter studies; authors sections of regulatory submissions and acts as a subject matter expert for interactions with global regulatory agencies; develops innovative bioanalytical assays and analyzes samples internally and at CROs. You will be part of a vibrant and experienced leadership group in Translational Sciences driving the scientific understanding, development, and registration of novel therapeutics in a company dedicated to finding novel cures for cancer. You will role model and nurture scientific curiosity, critical thinking, and self-motivation to develop your team. As Seattle Genetics grows, you will identify critical staffing needs and hire top talent to fulfill those needs. You will have an exceptional industry reputation and network, and significant relevant experience in developing novel therapeutics. A detailed working knowledge of global regulatory practices as they relate to QPD-related areas of subject matter expertise is essential. Your communication skills at all levels of interaction must be excellent. Seattle Genetics is committed to growing its staff, and you will undertake challenging development opportunities to enhance your career. This position has the option of being located in our Seattle or South San Francisco office.
* Provide excellent leadership to motivate and excite staff to perform at an exceptional level
* Provide senior level subject matter expertise to inform decisions on key scientific questions for the department
* Proved key guidance on regulatory strategies, and present data and interpretations in written and oral form to regulatory bodies to enable optimal clinical development and registration of novel drugs
* Represent Seattle Genetics in the external scientific environment - influencing partners and regulators in a positive way
* Actively participate in departmental leadership
* Develop a world class team through developing existing staff and recruiting exceptional external talent as necessary
* Build collaborative networks internal and external to the company to ensure rapid and successful development of novel drugs
* An advanced degree (PhD, MD, or PharmD) with 10+ years of experience in pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacy, biomedical engineering, or other related fields
* Proven senior leadership and strong external presence
* Substantial understanding of oncology or related field (e.g., inflammation, immunology). Previous experience in oncology drug development is required; experience with both large and small molecule therapeutics is preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: ad, advertise, care, hospital, policy, presale, product market, regulatory, twitter, university relationship