Safe N Sound Day Camp Director
Safe N Sound Adventure Camps is looking for a fun, patient, and safety-focused Camp Director to join our team. Our ACA Accredited day camps are high energy, tons of fun and very popular. Our staff play a vital role in our campers' experience. They provide all campers the opportunity to build confidence and skills in and around the water in a FUN, SAFE, and NURTURING environment.
Our Swim N Adventure Campers are ages 6-10 and receive 1-on-1 swim lessons, play water games in the pool, learn water safety and learn to snorkel. On the lake, they will learn to kayak and paddleboard! Out of the water, campers do arts n crafts, go on field trips to local parks, and beaches and end the week with a family picnic!
As a Camp Director, you will oversee camp programs and staff. You will report directly to the Executive Camp Director and be part of the Safe N Sound Management team. You will help deliver staff trainings and oversee staff performance and assist the Executive Camp Director with overall Summer Camp operations.
This position starts June 4th and goes until the end of camp which is August 24th. Training and on-boarding will be scheduled in May. Our day camp hours are Monday-Friday 8-4pm with weekends off. Summer housing help is available, if needed.
We welcome you to apply for this position and become a valued addition to our highly successful Camp Team!!
This position will be open until it is filled with the best applicant.
A Safe N Sound Adventure Camp Director has the following responsibilities:
* Foster staff growth throughout the summer
* Maintain daily communication with camper families
* Oversee the successful operation of camp programming
* Oversee the Swim Camp Activities and weekly itinerary
* Complete required documentation to maintain American Camp Association Accreditation.
* Ensure Camp policies, processes, and procedures are followed by staff and campers.
* Manage Camp Staff, which includes providing ongoing feedback and performance reviews to staff members as well as handle performance related issues that may arise.
We are looking for fun, highly motivated leaders to help support the summer camp team by maintaining a positive and safe environment on and off site.
* Previous camp experience is required
* Must place a high level of value on Safety; especially safety in and around the water
* Detail oriented, thorough, and able to self-direct using good time management skills
* Dedicated to staff growth and development
* Patient, energetic, motivated
* Efficient and familiar with the use of technology including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other web based programs
* Must be reliable and dependable for the entire summer Monday-Friday: June 3-August 23. Part-Time availability in May for training and on-boarding.
* Successful completion of our federal and local background check
* Age 21+
Licenses & Certifications
A safe driving record and American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification credentials are preferred but not required.
Associated topics: academic, activity, aquatics, arts, camp counselor, campground, counselor, residential, science, student