Responsible for the management of funds in various complex and / or large volume trust, estate and agencies to attain investment objectives of trust, estate, corporate, institutional clients and other M&T Bank high profile clients.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of investments for trust, estate, and corporate institutional clients to maximize investment return commensurate with an acceptable level of risk. Develop short and long term investment policies and strategies based on management investment philosophy and customer investment objectives.
- Perform portfolio analysis to determine overall structure of client portfolio including risk return, term payments and investment vehicles.
- Consult with customers and account administrators to maintain investment objectives, providing advice and guidance to clients.
- Keep informed of developments in various trust and institutional markets, researching trends and developments to arrive at sound and timely investment decisions and initiating action to effect purchases and sales of securities.
- Perform special projects or related assignments and project as requested by management.
Internal and external contact is extensive and includes clients, brokers, bank personnel, consultants, various trust committees, and outside investment professionals.
The incumbent is responsible for complex and / or larger volume assigned accounts.Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Provide guidance to junior staff.Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree, or in lieu of degree, four to five years' relevant work experience.
CPA or CFA preferred.
Minimum seven years experience in investment portfolio management.
Knowledge of ALF, ILF & Memory Care. Working with Team Leader for Western USA Healthcare Lending.
General knowledge of personal computers and software utilized by the department.
Excellent interpersonal skills including strong customer relations and communication (verbal and written) skills.
Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
Excellent presentation skills.