Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 48
Daily Schedule: 7:00 am - 7:30 pm
Primary Location: WA > BURIEN > HIGHLINE MEDICAL CENTER
It takes a very skilled cardiac nurse to monitor patients with high acuity heart issues in the CVICU. They care for our patients who've experienced cardiac surgery, MI, heart failure, cardiac dysrhythmias, structural heart disease, hypothermia post-cardiac arrest, vascular surgery and ventricular assist devices for destination or bridge to transplant therapy. We've made sure each of our 24 private room beds are equipped with the capability of NIBP, SpO2, arterial, pulmonary artery, cardiac output, temperature and arrhythmia monitoring. If you are a passionate cardiac nurse ready to work for an organization who champions your skillset, it's time to talk to St Joseph Medical Center!
What you'll do:
* Provide continuous cardiac monitoring, arrhythmia recognition and intervention
* Initiate multiple, complex cardiac related infusions at higher doses
* Care for patients with invasive lines i.e.: arterial lines, pulmonary artery catheter, ventriculosomy/ICP
* Monitor intubated/mechanically ventilated patients, acute post cardiac surgery patients, and acute trauma patients
Why you should choose us:
St Joseph Medical Center's Cardiac Surgery program was honored as a prestigious three star program for CABG and Aortic Valve Replacement procedures by the Society for Thoracic Surgery. Only 33 out of 989 hospitals evaluated in the U.S. received this esteemed rating for both procedures. This unit has an experienced clinical manager and an experienced critical care educator to advance our nursing practice and education. Normal ratios for cardiac patients are 1:1 or 1:2 and 1:3 for progressive care.
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patient's individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
* Monitoring patients' conditions and assessing their needs
* Collaborating with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
* Administering patients' medications and providing treatments according to physicians' orders
* Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with exceptional clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Additional requirements for this role include:
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
* Graduate of an accredited nursing program
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required
* Specialty certifications: CCRN/CMC,CSC,CHFN (preferred)
* Previous ICU, Advanced Heart Failure experience, Impella, VAD and ECMO experience (preferred)
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or attainment within six months of hire is required.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
* Requisition ID: 2018-R
* Schedule: Part-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Market: CHI Memorial
Associated topics: asn, hospice, infusion, intensive care, intensive care unit, maternal, registed, staff nurse, surgical, transitional