Senior Data Engineer - Customer Behavior Analytics
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Amazon is one of the world’s most highly trafficked sites and with a data footprint of multiple business areas. Delivering impactful experiences using Amazon data to help customers find the right products, and help brands connect with their customers is one of our key business initiatives. The Customer Behavior Analytics team is building a big data platform to provide machine learning based solutions to measure and optimize marketing experiences. The platform and measurement services will be consumed across brands and page owners.
You will play a key role in building the appropriate engineering solutions for the new systems, and set them up to deliver insights and optimize onsite experiences across amazon. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with traditional Data Warehouse (DW) concepts as well as statistical modelling. He will have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies while dealing with big data. Excellent business and communication skills are a must, to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions.
You’ll be expected to:
- Design and implement systems that acquire data to measure performance of onsite placements.
- Design and implement the machine learning infrastructure to implement econometric models to determine the impact of onsite impressions across various channels and geographies
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations as well as analytic inter-dependencies to build efficient solutions.
· Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (Millions to Billions of rows) of data
· Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to scientists, engineering teams and business audiences
· Proven ability to convey rigorous technical concepts and considerations to non-experts
· Natural curiosity and desire to learn
· Fluency in a scripting or computing language (e.g. Python, Scala, C++, Java, etc.)
· Depth and breadth in quantitative knowledge. Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of statistical tools.
· Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our and our customer’s organizations
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
· Experience in marketing analytics is a plus
· Experience hiring, retaining, coaching and managing a high-functioning team responsible for reports and visualization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...