Principal TPM, Prime Video Edge Compute and Delivery Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers consume and interact with video content. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of streaming Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content and engaged with the top professional sports leagues around the world like the NFL and the Premier League to deliver compelling live content to Prime members.
Come be a founding member of the team within Prime Video that is building new hardware and software technology from the ground up to deliver premium live and on-demand content at the biggest scales using both traditional delivery technologies, and groundbreaking new UDP-based technology being developed in-house. We own the foundational platform and infrastructure for delivering live events such as NFL football, Premier League and other major sporting events world-wide.
As a Principal TPM on our team, you will:
· Be responsible for end-to-end ownership of strategic, cross-organizational programs spanning Prime Video, Amazon Lab126 / Connectivity Solutions Group, and AWS Networking.
· Partner closely with Amazon CloudFront, as well as Content Delivery Networks and ISPs across the globe.
· Drive project schedules from design to release, and manage launch of a brand new Video Delivery product.
· Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize for quality and time to market, all while clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes to internal and external stakeholders.
The right candidate will:
· Possess a strong project management background, with demonstrated experience leading large initiatives.
· Have experience with, or willingness to learn about enterprise-scale networking, content delivery networks, and hardware integration.
· Thrive in a highly ambiguous environment, and be able to drive focus and prioritization with technical and business stakeholders.
· Have a deep technical background, demonstrating mastery of computer science fundamentals, and be willing to effectively challenge designs and engineering decisions.
· Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse set of audiences both verbally and in writing.
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 7+ years of technical program management experience
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
· Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
· Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions.
· Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
· Experience with projects involving content delivery networks and enterprise-scale networking.
· Experience managing projects with both hardware and software components.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation,
Loading some great jobs for you...